Sunday, February 13, 2011

Starting Stats and Day 1: Chest/Back Ab Ripper X

So here are my Day 1 Stats:

Left arm: 12.5
Right arm: 12.5
Bust: 37
Waist: 32.5
Hips: 39.5
Left thigh: 24.5
Right thigh: 24.5
Left calf: 14.25
Right calf: 14.25

Weight: 152.6

I'm chosen to do the "Classic" program, rather than the "Lean," because I'm quite interested in doing the weight stuff, and the lean version is less of that and more cardio.

Today (Day 1) called for the Chest and Back workout, followed by Ab Ripper X. The Chest and Back workout is basically 52 minutes of push ups and pulls ups. This was rough for me, as I have never in my life, even at the peak of my physical fitness, have never been able to a pull up, and, if I want to do more than 3, pushups have to be modified the girly way. I'm using the bands with the door attachment rather than the pull up bar, hoping that perhaps I'll, at some point, be able to graduate to the pull up bar. I know I got a really great workout, even though I felt like a wuss the way I had to modify things.

Ab Ripper X is hard! Luckily it is only 16 minutes, but it is a far, far cry from standard "crunches." I really liked it, though. I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

89 more days ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great job. I have tried p90x before and it kicked my butt. I didnt stick with it like I should so Im really interested to see your results. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete