Wednesday, February 23, 2011

I'm Alive!

Sorry I've been slacking, folks...but I've only been slacking on the blogging part. So, after the utter hell that was the five days post-plyometrics, I decided to switch from the Classic to the Lean program of P90X. I felt like being that completely sore was detrimental to the next few days' worth of workouts, so I decided to do Lean first, then Classic, then maybe Doubles, depending on how things go. I'm still sore every single day, but in a good way. So far (after switching to Lean) I've done the following workouts:

Day 1 – Core Synergistics
Day 2 – Cardio X
Day 3 – Shoulders and Arms, Ab Ripper X
Day 4 – Yoga X

Core Synergistics seemed easy while I was doing it, but boy did I feel it in my ass and trunk the next day! Wow! I actually really dug the Cardio X routine. When I was first researching the program, I read a lot of people complaining about the Cardio program, saying it was too easy. I liked it a lot, though. Prior to P90x, I ran on a treadmill. I felt like my heartrate got right where it needed to be during Cardio X (i.e., it was racing same as when I was running), but it was much more fun and engaging, and the 45 minutes flew by. It was a combo of Core Synergistics, Yoga, and Kenpo. I really liked it. Days 3 and 4 of Lean were routines I had already done with Classic. Shoulders and Arms is a really great, varied workout that rotates between biceps, triceps, and shoulders. Again, the hour goes really quickly. Yoga still bores the shit out of me. I would much rather substitute a cardio routine (or even just a run), but I would like to increase flexibility and do some intense stretching. It is extremely hard for me to make it through these 92 minutes....not necessarily because it is all that hard, but I'm not really a relaxed type of person, and all I can think about is that I'm wasting my time! I like to sweat, and Yoga X doesn't really get me there. I'm going to stick with it though. Tomorrow is Legs and Back, I think. My mother is coming to town, so I may have to move my rest day to tomorrow. We'll see how things play out. I'll try to be more responsible with my blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment